SEPTEMBER 13, 2011
In Compromise, Republicans Allow Obama to Create One Part-Time Job
Step in Right Direction, President Says
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – In what the White House hailed as “an example of what can be accomplished when we put aside partisan differences,” congressional Republicans today responded to President Obama’s $447 billion American Jobs Act by allowing the President to create one part-time job.
While details of what the job would entail remain to be determined, it was expected to be in the lawn work or handing-out-flyers industry.
At the White House, the President acknowledged that creating one part-time job fell somewhat short of the millions of full-time jobs envisioned in his proposed legislation, but added, “This is clearly a step in the right direction.”
In order to secure funding for the part-time job, Mr. Obama had to cave to a series of Republican demands, including tax breaks for second homes and third wives.
But even as the President and congressional Republicans announced their agreement on the part-time job plan, the proposal came under attack from GOP presidential front-runner Rick Perry, who blasted the plan for creating yet another worker who would someday be eligible for Social Security.
“If we don’t cut Social Security now, we won’t have enough money to execute our children’s children,” Gov. Perry said.
- Guess what? Government housing policy did NOT create the subprime crisis:
- Canada is the first country to sign the Ottawa Protocol on Anti-Semitism!
- Barry is right again! How to prevent the next banking crisis
- Best news Massachusetts has had for a while!
- One new job!!!
- Read it and weep! Why this country is headed for the dustbin of history
- A little light view on the crisis in Europe – thank you Barry!
- And now, for the proof of the pudding…..
- A very important scientific study has finally reached a conclusion: