For a sociologist’s take on the history of Left and Right around the world, in politics, society and psychology, do read this interesting article from William Domhoff of the University of California, Santa Cruz. I think it explains some of the semantics behind the Right’s demagoguery and the Left’s inability to counter it effectively. There just seems to be a “natural” human bent toward the right, order, cleanliness, up, etc. that all relates to “right” vs. “left” that is difficult to counter. All the studies cited point that way and it is very depressing to think that people’s altruistic tendencies towrd the group are so hard to elicit against all the forces of the right.
- Guess what? Government housing policy did NOT create the subprime crisis:
- Canada is the first country to sign the Ottawa Protocol on Anti-Semitism!
- Barry is right again! How to prevent the next banking crisis
- Best news Massachusetts has had for a while!
- One new job!!!
- Read it and weep! Why this country is headed for the dustbin of history
- A little light view on the crisis in Europe – thank you Barry!
- And now, for the proof of the pudding…..
- A very important scientific study has finally reached a conclusion: