On Apple’s Birthday, NPR has a great history of the computer and its components, like the mouse and the integrated circuit. How far we have come! I can still remember being taken as a class trip to the local Toronto headquarters of IBM in about 1957 and being shown a room-sized computer. It didn’t make a great impression as we just sat there and so did the computer. No bells and whistles, no lights and flashes, just a big box and some boring speeches. Not much to impress a 10-year-old.
- Guess what? Government housing policy did NOT create the subprime crisis:
- Canada is the first country to sign the Ottawa Protocol on Anti-Semitism!
- Barry is right again! How to prevent the next banking crisis
- Best news Massachusetts has had for a while!
- One new job!!!
- Read it and weep! Why this country is headed for the dustbin of history
- A little light view on the crisis in Europe – thank you Barry!
- And now, for the proof of the pudding…..
- A very important scientific study has finally reached a conclusion: